Who are the Specialist Inclusion Services?
The Specialist Inclusion Services work with Early Years settings, schools, families and partner agencies to support children and young people who have special educational needs and disabilities.
Hearing Impaired Resource Bases:
- Ashwood Park Primary School
- Crestwood Secondary Listen and Learn Centre
Speech & Language provision:
- Speech & Language Base, St Margaret’s of Hasbury CofE Primary
- Speech & Language Centre, Quarry Bank Primary School
Early Years Specialist Provision:
- Bromley-Pensnett Specialist Nursery
- Leapfrog Group
- Phoenix Centre (Charitable Trust, joint funded with LA)
Enhanced Nurseries in primary schools:
What are our aims and who do we support?
SIS work with children and young people with SEN and disabilities, their families,
educational settings and partner agencies, to raise standards, aspirations and
expectations, enable full access to the curriculum and inclusion within the setting
and thereby improve educational, social, emotional and physical outcomes.
SIS work with children and young people who have special educational needs and
disabilities:- autism spectrum disorders, specific language impairments, complex
medical conditions, hearing, vision and physical impairments, who are 0-16 years
of age and live within the Dudley Borough and attend Dudley provision. SIS
delivers support and advice to their families and settings they attend in
partnership with professionals from other services and agencies.
Across Dudley Borough:-
- mainstream primary & secondary schools,
- early years settings, maintained, private, voluntary & independent
- special schools, pupil referral units & specialist provisions
- Health Clinics
- 16-19 education provision with support requested and funded by the
provision and in agreement with the young people themselves
- Assessment (Individual & Statutory)
- Support & Advice
- Resource production
- Loan literature and equipment
- Monitoring & Review
- Contribution to Diagnosis
- Whole setting & Strategic advice
How do you refer?
Referrals for the Services are open to all Agencies, Services, Settings and Parent Carers. Referrals will only be accepted on a service referral proforma and with signed agreement from the parent carers. Referrals for specialist provisions are through an internal panel process and not via an open referral system.
Joanne Tasker, SIS Senior Leader
Bev Bryant, Administration Manager
The Mere Education Centre, Lawnswood Road, Wordsley, Stourbridge,
West Midlands, DY8 5PQ
Telephone: 01384 818070 Email: email@example.com
If you would like further information then contact:
Heads of Services:
Joanne Tasker, Senior Leader, Specialist Inclusion Services, 01384 814215
Diane Hanke, Head of Service, Autism Outreach Service: 01384 816974
Gillian Pillar, Head of Service, Hearing Impairment Service: 01384 818009
Judy Lewis, Head of Service, Visual Impairment Service: 01384 818005
Kim Fisher, Head of Service, Physical Impairment and Medical Inclusion Service: 01384 818004
Jane Marsh, Head of Service, Specialist Early Years Service/Early Support: 01384 814378
Bev Bryant, Administration & Building Manager: 01384 818070
JoAnn Watkins, Centre Manager, Speech & Language Centre: 01384 818074