The Preparing for Adulthood Programme is being delivered by a partnership between the National Development Team for Inclusion and the Council for Disabled Children. They have a dedicated website where you can find information, support and resources to help in this massive step in our young peoples lives. Below are some links and case studies which will be of interest including one right here in Dudley.
Case Study: Dudley College & Employer Engagement before and during the Pandemic
A new supported internship video:
Housing Top Tips
A new guide to conduction a final annual review- key things to consider:
Access to Work:
Access to Work is a publicly funded employment support programme that aims to help more disabled people start or stay in work. It can provide practical and financial support if you have a disability or long term physical or mental health condition.
Activities that may be funded by Access to Work during the Coronavirus period
- Enhanced vocational profiling to help understand interns in relation to the new host business working pattern and demands in a post-Covid-19 environment, and individual intern risk profiles
- Safe travel to work training
- The tasks set out above to map new placement sites and tasks within the host business to establish the match with new interns and to carry out the preparatory learning to be able to prepare and train interns for their second term placements
- Job carving work to create the opportunities for interns to assist host departments increase their productivity and to react to new demands of post-Covid-19 working.
- Extending this work to possible home working and teaching young people home working skills.
- Additional co-ordination with scheme educators to help revise training to meet new workplace challenges job coaches are finding in the workplace
- Carrying out pre-placement workplace inductions that will be needed to help interns to “hit the ground running” in second term placements.
- Helping young people to develop social distancing and hygiene related decision-making skills.
For more information on the Access to Work Scheme and the latest government guidance on this initiative please click here.