Dudley special educational needs and disability information, advice and support service (SENDIASS) (formerly Dudley Parent Partnership Service)


• Free • Impartial • Confidential


If you’re a parent or carer of a child or young person with special educational needs (SEN) or a disability, or a child or young person up to the age of 25 with special educational needs or a disability, we can help you. We provide legally based advice, information and support on all matters relating to SEN and disabilities including health and social care issues.



We will often work with parents and their children together but we are also able to provide a direct and separate service to children and young people.


Many children and young people will access information, advice and support via their parents but some children, especially older children, may want to access it separately. Under these circumstances we will work individually and impartially with the child.

Young People

Young people You will receive confidential and impartial information, advice and support. We will work in partnership with you so you can participate fully in decisions relating to the outcomes you may wish to achieve. We can also work separately and impartially with both parents and young people where there is a disagreement on an issue related to SEND. Advocacy will be provided where necessary and signposting to specialist support relating to employment and independent living (housing).

How SENDIASS can help you

  • Individual casework
  • Preparing, supporting and attending meetings
  • Help with writing letters and completing forms
  • Help to understand what support can be offered to a child or young
  • person with SEN and/or a disability without an education health
  • care plan in place. This could be in an early years, school or further education setting
  • Support to parents and young people during an education health care assessment
  • Access to an independent supporter if requested – this is subject to availability
  • Advice and support in relation to appeals to the SEN and disability tribunal
  • Help if things go wrong and advice on complaints relating to SEN and/or disabilities including those related to health and social care
  • Help if your child is excluded
  • Providing support to manage mediation
  • Explaining the disagreement resolution process

Provide information and advice on the following:

  • Education law on SEN and related law on disability, health and social care
  • The education health care assessment process
  • Education health care plans (EHCP)
  • School based support for children and young people without an EHCP
  • Personalisation
  • Personal budgets
  • Complaints relating to SEND issues
  • The Local Offer
  • Local policy and practice
  • Mediation
  • Dispute resolution
  • Advocacy



Below are a list of services provided by Dudley SENDIASS.

Click a link to view or download information


 SENDIASS – Education, Health & Care Plans

 SENDIASS Independent Support leaflet

 SENDIASS SEN support in schools

 SENDIASS Mediation disagreement resolution leaflet

 SENDIASS The Local Offer leaflet

 SENDIASS young peoples leaflet


For more information contact:
Dudley SEND information, advice and support service Saltwells Education Centre,
Bowling Green Road,
Telephone 01384 817373

An answering machine is in operation, please leave a message and we will return your call.